Father ‘mortified’ after terrified girl stuck in vending machine

Father ‘mortified’ after terrified girl stuck in vending machine

juillet 1, 2020 0 Par admin
A Brisbane father is issuing a warning to other parents after seeing his daughter’s hand become stuck inside a skill tester machine for almost an hour.
Martin Kristoffersen’s eight-year-old daughter had her hand caught inside an arcade-style skill tester machine for forty minutes at Wynnum Plaza last Thursday.

Mr Kristoffersen was forced to break her out with power tools, while her mother held her hand and reassured the distressed schoolgirl everything would be okay.

The eight-year-old was terrified during the ordeal as bystanders tried to help. (Nine)

“She was terrified,” Mr Kristoffersen told 9News.

“I just grabbed a chisel and a power drill and raced to the Wynnum plaza.”

Mr Kristoffersen left work immediately but still took about 15 frantic minutes to reach the shopping centre, where a few bystanders tried to free his daughter.

The family is furious, alleging centre management offered little support.

They’ve claimed the staff were ill-equipped to deal with the accident.

“No one had any keys to start with that was probably the main concern,” he said.

“No one could open the machine up and actually help out.”

Some parents have claimed the same thing has happened to them at the centre. (Nine)

He said the fire brigade was not called for assistance and instead staff simply tried to call the phone number on the machine.

“It kept ringing out no answer,” Mr Kristoffersen said.

Centre management said in a statement they “responded immediately and requested the presence of emergency services”.

Mr Kristoffersen said he was “mortified” by the “traumatic event”.

His daughter had recovered but was “definitely affected” after being stuck.

Since sharing his story on Facebook, Mr Kristoffersen said he had been contacted by at least 10 parents who claim to have suffered similar ordeal at the same shopping centre.

The skill tester machine is back up and running but Mr Kristoffersen wants all parents to be aware of its dangers.

“Just to make sure it doesn’t happen again,” he said.